China Hosting Program
CCAI’s China Hosting Program brings orphans from China to stay with host families in the US. This is a great opportunity for children to experience American culture and for families to experience hosting an older child from China. Many families who are considering adopting an older child find that hosting is a great opportunity for them, as well as for the child. Many other families host a child in an effort to advocate for them. An amazing 75% of the children who are hosted through CCAI’s China Hosting Program have found their forever families because of the hosting experience. These children may never have been adopted or even had the opportunity to be adopted if it were not for the hosting program.
Why host an older orphan? Older orphans ages 5 to 13, especially those with medical conditions, are often forgotten. These children are often overlooked due to their ages and their medical conditions, and many will age out without knowing the love and support of a family. Through hosting, older orphans are provided with the opportunity of a lifetime - four weeks with an American family to experience things they may have never had a chance to do growing up in an institution (going to the zoo, a museum, or movies, riding a bike, swimming, jumping on a trampoline, etc). Watching their faces light up at seeing a zebra in the zoo for the first time or learning to ride a bike or pump their legs on a swing are unforgettable moments! Most of all, hosting provides these children with hope for their futures. Think of the difference you could make in the life of a child!
Registration for our 2019 Winter China Hosting Program is now open! Please register to view the photolisting of children who are participating in this program. Anyone who is interested in viewing the photolisting will need to register to receive a link and password to view the photolisting. If you would like to learn more about the hosting program for this summer, please email email@example.com or call 303-850-9998.
Hosting is an amazing life-changing experience for the children being hosted, but also for the families that host them!
Please consider hosting this winter and make a difference in the life of a child!
The winter hosting dates are approximately December 14, 2019 through January 4, 2020.
Cost of Hosting
The cost to host is $3,000 per child which covers the actual expenses related to bringing the child to the US. It is considered a tax-deductible donation and receipts will be provided.
The CCCWA is responsible for screening, recommending and approving the children available through the China Hosting Program. Typically these children are 5 to 13 years of age with varying degrees of medical conditions. View Child Profiles.
Information on Children
A brief bio is provided online for each child. Due to country laws and to protect the privacy of the children, information about the children is limited and password protected. CCAI may have additional information on the children that can be provided directly to the host family.
Host Parent Qualifications
To participate in the China Hosting Program, you must be a US citizen or be a legal resident of the US. Hosting is open to legally married couples with or without children. Single women may also be eligible to participate in the China Hosting Program, however this is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Host Parent Training
Each parent must take 12 hours of mandatory Hague Parent Training courses offered online through our Parent Training Website. Instructions on how to access this site will be provided in the China Hosting Application Packet. In addition, each parent must attend a mandatory China Host Parent Training. This is an online training in a webinar format, and it is offered at two separate times, approximately one month prior to hosting.
Steps to Host an Orphan from China
- Register to view the photo listing and complete the Application for China Hosting and CCAI China Hosting Application Packet.
Once you register you will receive a link to the photolisting, as well as a password. Click on the link to the photolisting and enter the password you received. You can continue to use this password to enter the photolisting at any time.
- Once you identify a child or children you are interested in, contact CCAI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-850-9998 with any questions you have and/or to place a hold on the child(ren). Placing a hold on a child requires a $250 deposit.
- Once you have placed a hold on a child, please return the completed Application for China Hosting and the CCAI China Hosting Application Packet to CCAI’s China Hosting Team via email, fax, or USPS mail, along with your first payment of $1,000 within 10 days of placing the child on hold.
- The remaining payment of $1,750 will be due by November 1st as outlined in the CCAI China Hosting Application Packet.
- Provide a Welcome Letter for your host child as outlined in the CCAI China Hosting Application Packet.
- Complete required criminal AND child abuse clearances for anyone in the home age 18 and older.
- Complete a home safety visit through a licensed child placement agency or qualified human services professional as required by your state (specifics are outlined in the CCAI China Hosting Application Packet and provide the written report to the CCAI China Hosting Team).
- Sign Up for WeChat (instructions are provided in the CCAI China Hosting Application Packet.)
- Attend the required Host Parent Training webinar and complete the required online 12 hours of Hague Parent Training.
China Hosting Photo Listing Registration
China Hosting Application